Sunday, November 23, 2008

Thankfulness

“Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” ~ Henry Van Dyke

“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough.” ~ Oprah Winfrey

“I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks.” ~ William Shakespeare

“If a fellow isn't thankful for what he's got, he isn't likely to be thankful for what he's going to get.” ~ Frank A. Clark

“Blessed are those who give without remembering. And blessed are those who take without forgetting.” ~ Bernard Meltzer

“I may be as bad as the worst, but, thank God, I am as good as the best.” ~ Walt Whitman

“Thank God for the creative ideas that enrich life by adding your own creative contributions to human progress” ~ Wilfred Peterson

“If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share.” ~ W. Clement Stone

“The thankful receiver bears a plentiful harvest.” ~ William Blake

“What if you gave someone a gift, and they neglected to thank you for it - would you be likely to give them another? Life is the same way. In order to attract more of the blessings that life has to offer, you must truly appreciate what you already have.” ~ Ralph Marston

“Were there no God, we would be in this glorious world with grateful hearts: and no one to thank” ~ Christina G. Rossetti

“Thankfulness is the beginning of gratitude. Gratitude is the completion of thankfulness. Thankfulness may consist merely of words. Gratitude is shown in acts.” ~ Henri Frederic Amiel

“Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that thankfulness is indeed a virtue.” ~ William Bennett

“I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God” ~ Helen Keller

“A joyful and pleasant thing it is to be thankful” ~ Book of Common Prayer

“All our discontents about what we want appeared to spring from the want of thankfulness for what we have.” ~ Daniel Defoe

“One of life's gifts is that each of us, no matter how tired and downtrodden, finds reasons for thankfulness: for the crops carried in from the fields and the grapes from the vineyard.” ~ J. Robert Moskin

“For what I have received may the Lord make me truly thankful. And more truly for what I have not received.” ~ Storm Jameson

“He loses his thanks who promises and delays.” ~ Proverb

“We can always find something to be thankful for, and there may be reasons why we ought to be thankful for even those dispensations which appear dark and frowning.” ~ Albert Barnes

“I'm thankful for every moment.” ~ Al Green

“It's a troublesome world. All the people who're in it
are troubled with troubles almost every minute.
You ought to be thankful, a whole heaping lot,
for the places and people you're lucky you're not.” ~ Dr. Seuss

“A 'thank you' means more than we ever think,” ~ Beverly Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment