Thursday, February 19, 2009

Two Phrases

I have long used a phrase for my children when they were discouraged, down, sad, etc. It comes from "Winnie the Pooh" and it is when Pooh and Piglet are being swept down the river in a flood. Owl flies overhead and calls out: "Be brave, Little Piglet. A rescue is being thought of." My children mostly heard "Be brave, Little Piglet." [I would like to mention that a "rescue" is always "being thought of" by the one True Rescuer. If He doesn't rescue us right away, we can trust Him because our rescue was planned and paid for long, long ago.]

I recently returned from a trip (given me by my sister, Pat -- yea and thanks!) to Australia and New Zealand. In New Zealand the Maori's have a goodbye phrase: "Kea Kaha" which means "stay strong". I think this sentiment is pertinent to, well, everyone and everything I know going on right now.

So,
Be brave, little Piglet
and
Kea Kaha

3 comments:

  1. Winnie the Pooh has so many great words of wisdom. Who would have thought so much would come from a bear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Colleen. We needed that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved "be brave little piglet" from you! I tell this to my children now! Thank you for your words of wisdom!

    ReplyDelete